An Introduction to my Practice
Nazim Nice, NCARB LEED AP [Principal Architect]
- Registered in the State of Washington
- Registered in the State of Illinois
- NCARB (National Council of Architectural Registration Boards) certificate, which signifies that I have met the profession’s most objective standards of competence.
- LEED AP (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional) by the USGBC (United States Green Building Council).
- Carnegie Mellon University, BArch
- Salutorian & Andrew Carnegie Scholar
- Motionspace Architecture + Design PLLC was founded in 2006
- After graduating from Carnegie Mellon University, I worked for the Center for Building Performance and Diagnostics in Pittsburgh. I then moved to Columbus, Ohio to work on national and international health care and sports and entertainment facilities. During this time I also taught a second year studio at the Knowlton School of Architecture at the Ohio State University. Working in the studio on smaller projects made me realize my passion centered around residential projects. In 2000, I returned to Seattle near where I grew up on Mercer Island and worked for a small residential firm. In 2006, I founded Motionspace Architecture + Design PLLC. In 2008, the firm moved to our current offices on Western Avenue.
Motionspace Architecture + Design is a small and thriving design company located in Seattle, Washington. We strive to provide responsive service and high quality design by working closely with our clients, listening to their needs, and understanding their goals. Your desires are incredibly important to us and we believe they help make a project special by giving it its own unique and soulful character. We are experienced at listening to your goals and transforming them through the design process into a thoughtful solution that not only works functionally but is also well proportioned, well detailed, and appropriate for the context.
In my practice we focus on doing two things well: providing high quality design and a high level of service.