Motionspace Architecture + Design, founded in 2006, is an 8-person design studio located in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle. We are focused on developing unique solutions that capture the essence of the place, respond to the environment, and meet the unique demands of our clients, consultants, and building departments.
Our projects include residential remodels and additions, new custom homes, and multifamily housing. We also specialize in the design of childcare facilities and Montessori schools.
The office is a short walk away from numerous restaurants, the Olympic Sculpture Park, Myrtle Edwards Park, and the waterfront. Our studio has access to a large roof deck with sweeping views of Puget Sound, the Space Needle, and Downtown Seattle.
Motionspace Architecture and Design is seeking self-motivated applicants for immediate hire in our Belltown Studio. This is a full-time salaried position as an Interior Designer and you will be expected to assist with multiple projects at a time.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in interior design or related field
- NCIDQ Certification, or in the process of certification (preferred)
- Minimum two (2) years of post-graduate experience with interior design projects
- Proficiency with Revit, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Bluebeam
- With your application, please include information on your skill level on each of these programs.
- Ability to assemble materials palettes and fixture & finish selections
- Experience working in local showrooms and sourcing materials nationwide
- Experience working with clients directly and without supervision
- An understanding of how interior materials are assembled and finished
- Ability to develop interior elevations and electrical plans
- Ability to complete product specifications and schedules
- Ability to organize large amounts of information into cohesive packages
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients
The Motionspace Architecture + Design studio space is an open office concept to aid in collaboration. You will be working directly with interns, architects, and the principals of the firm. The office is set up for a hybrid work environment that may include some work from home provisions. Collaboration and organization is key to producing good design, and we use a number of digital tools to assist with this. Training will be provided as necessary.
A valid drivers license is necessary for this position. You will be working with product samples, which may require carrying up to 30 pounds of materials, on occasion. The office is accessible and an accessible restroom is available. Noise levels are generally quiet to moderate, but this is an open office, so sound levels may vary.
Bike and Vehicle Parking is available.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Holidays
- Sick Pay
- Retirement Plan
- Continuing Education
- Transportation Benefit
- Professional Development
- Flexible Work Hours
- Bonus Pay
- Wage Depends on Experience
To apply for this position: Please provide a resume and work samples describing your experience. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email attachments shall be limited to 10 MB maximum.
We’d love to hear from you!
We are always looking to find the right people to join our team. Even if we don’t have a position available immediately we will keep your information on file for when a position does open up. So please send us your letter of interest, resume and work samples to be considered. Email is preferred with PDF attachments (10 MB max). Links to online portfolios should be supplemental.
Please email your information to: