A leaking shower and dated interior are replaced by a clean and modern design
While the design of the existing bathroom in this West Seattle home was not terrible, the shower had started to leak, which prompted this remodel. The owners really wanted a bathtub since they have young children, and they didn’t care for the tile or fixtures the previous owner had chosen.
We started by replacing the large shower with a soaking tub. To keep the room bright, we replaced a leaking window with glass block, and installed new lighting and ventilation. A new vanity, designed to house towels and baskets below, also incorporates storage drawers for each child. Large medicine cabinets are integrates between fixed mirrors with pendant lights to create a clean and bright room.
Project Info & Tips
- For a clean look, consider surrounding medicine cabinets with fixed mirrors. This provides storage, but also will make the room look larger
- Installing pendant lights in front of mirrors will reflect light around the room, making it feel brighter
- Windows in showers can be problematic and leak. Most windows are not designed to receive water from the inside. Glass block is a long lasting and durable solution to this problem
- To learn more, see our article on Bathroom Remodels
- Level of Design Services: Full Services
- How do I Estimate Construction Cost and Design Fees?
Contact us using our Contact Form
We'd love to hear about your project!
Contact us for a no-cost consultation.Contact us using our Contact Form